Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years


It was a great New Years. My friend Sarah showed up New Years Eve to demand that I go with her to Vermont with her boyfriend and a bunch of his friends and coworkers. So I did. Didn't overdo the partying, though it may have something to do with the fact that everyone around me was obliterated except Sarah. Went to bed somewhere around two after Sarah and Bobbie went at it in the bed next to me, and didn't even invite me! Shame on them.

Then we got up and Bobbie (Sarah's boyfriend) had to go meet his buddies to go snowboarding at like ten am. By the time we'd brought him there, Sarah and I had pretty much convinced ourselves that we wanted to go skiing (instead of tubing? I don't wanna go tubing, I wanna fuck myself up on these wicked slopes duuuh). Well, I convinced her that we did, though it was originally her idea. Anyway, it was a site to see, I'm sure. With mismatched snow gear, we looked more like kids getting ready to make a snow fort rather than go down hill skiing on this huge fucking mountain. The first time down was rough, the second much better, and by the end of the day we were having a lot of fun. We ended up going to the very top (just once), which took forever! Anyway, I was so proud of myself because I went from plowing real slow like, to actually starting to ski like a normal person again. Last time I skied was like six years ago.

Listening to a bit of happy music for once.
Just a bit, though. ;)

No comments: