Friday, October 7, 2011

Detaching

Self Portrait printed in the darkroom... buy one at my etsy store


It's nine thirty at night and I'm considering going to bed, that's how bored I am. That, and I'm anxious, I'm not sure if it's out of lack of people to talk to, things to do, not smoking cigarettes, not drinking... Probably everything. The internet seems incredibly boring but it could be that I'm just boring. Someone pointed that out to me the other day, that I am indeed boring. Thus, I am bored. In my desire to step things down a big notch and gather my whits, I've actually become boring. Excuse me, I think I'm insulted by myself.

Wow, I just realized that I am absolutely surrounded by all the things I miss when I'm not here. So many books it's unreal, unreasonable amounts of writing mediums- three typewriters, multi coloured and designed paper and envelopes, every color pen and pencils, crayons, shit loads of pictures, scrap books, construction paper... All these things to do and I'm bored?

I'm becoming obsessed with the idea of ditching my iphone and getting some piece of shit thing. I keep thinking about leaving with the least amount of stuff possible. Wondering what I can sell to make a little money but not finding the drive to actually photograph it, and thinking- fuck it all, fuck it all I just gotta get the hell out of here, let go of all my attachment to everything. Just pack up my photo shit, minimal clothes and get goin to NYC...

No comments: