Thursday, August 28, 2008

Change and more Change

The past reminds me of a taste or smell, always different, always the same. A photo or a place or person may trigger it. A sense of familiarity that has come and gone. Familiar in the sense that it was familiar, and that something else is familiar now. Smell or taste in a way that is almost there but not quite.

It's hard to grasp, sometimes, how different my life changes so often. A month ago I was happy in the arms of a man who loved me. Eight months ago I was terribly miserably alone and depressed. I was in school, I was in a shitty apartment, I had a strange relationship with a man, I was ostracized from my family, I had many friends, a summer of sunshine and wine and whiskey.

People come and go, things change so much.

I must move out of Utica. I must. I feel stifled here. Stuck. Uncreative.

4 comments:

frankpetronio said...

NO SHIT

yard sale, trash pile, bonfire

Get it down to a backpack and a Rollei. Go to LA. Go to China.

James M Graham said...

people come and go? really?
fix yourself.

and fuck Frank. He needs to fix himself too.

frankpetronio said...

Apparently James is fixed. Or should be.

Dave Levingston said...

No matter where you go, there you are.